Donor Support Administration Assistant
Reporting To: Donor Support Manager
Type of Position: Full time
Location: Kings Park, NSW
Samaritan’s Purse Australia (SPA) is a non-profit, Christian organisation providing emergency relief and development assistance to suffering people around the world. Samaritan’s Purse is meeting the physical needs of victims of war, famine, natural disaster, poverty and disease.
Operation Christmas Child (OCC), a project of Samaritan’s Purse collects over 200,000 gift filled shoeboxes each year for children in developing countries, demonstrating God’s love and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) was founded in 1950 by the Reverend Billy Graham. This organisation’s ministry engages in numerous evangelistic activities with the purpose of demonstrating God’s love and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ through well- developed evangelism and discipleship programs.
We are seeking someone to assist the Donor Support Manager with varied administrative activities. These activities will involve working closely with other internal ministry and shared services teams to support the overall efforts of each ministry and to ensure timely and effective delivery of ministry plans by assisting with back-end processes in relation to database related activities such as upcoming events and donor activities.
The position is a permanent, full-time position with immediate start based at the national head office in Kings Park NSW.
Within your assigned area of responsibility and influence:
• Assist with workflow to ensure deadlines are met.
• Energetic, hands-on worker with a passion to promote God’s work through the ministries of SPA, OCC and BGEA.
• Conduct in accordance with the standards established for all employees of Samaritan’s Purse Australia.
• See all assigned jobs through to completion.
• Dealing with queries or requests from the public.
• Providing general clerical and administrative support to Donor Support Manager and Team where requested.
• Receiving and responding to donor enquiries via phone, email and mail, including preparing letters and documents.
• Assist with daily processing of all donations received through accurate handling, receipting and banking of gifts received.
• Assist with updating and maintaining all aspects of database content.
• Creation of accurate database entries to facilitate the generation of meaningful reports.
Key Selection Criteria (please address these in your cover letter):
• Demonstrate Christian values aligned with the ministries and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have a heart for service.
• Communication: Strong communications skills; ability to express oneself professionally, both written and verbally when interacting with people internally and externally.
• Teamwork: Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Flexibility: Ability to adapt quickly to fit with changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities, or people.
• Thorough: Have good attention to detail, with emphasis on communication, time management and accurate record-keeping.
Information about the role, responsibilities, Statement of Faith and knowledge/experience can be found at https://www.samaritanspurse.org.au/employment-opportunities/
How to Apply: For further information please contact Frances Hayward at email@example.com. To apply for the position, please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria via the Apply Now button. To apply for this role you must be an Australian citizen/resident. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
Application Closing Date: Advertised until position filled